Friday, October 29, 2010

MIKEL: "This is now my position!"

MIKEL: "This is now my position!"
Mikel




If you are a regular reader of my blog you will know I wrote an article published on CFCNET about Chelsea's holding midfield role and how it has changed from Mourinho to Ancelotti and what is expected of Mikel now in the Chelsea side. (If you haven't seen it then click here to take you there).

Mikel has spoken to the official website this week and has stated that the role he is playing for Chelsea is now his position. He said:
"This position is now my position. This is where I love to play and where I feel most conformable playing. I just want to keep playing here now and keep improving. I know people want to see more of my attacking football but with the kind of club I play for you have to do more for the side than just attacking."
I have to say that many people underestimate just how important he is to the team and to the way Chelsea play. After a shaky start to his career at Chelsea, Mikel has become one of the most important and consistant performers in a Chelsea shirt in the past two seasons.

Let's hope it continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment