Sunday, December 12, 2010

Messi: I dedicate goals to grandma



 

Barcelona ace Lionel Messi has revealed that he dedicates every goal to his late grandmother.
The Argentinean, who points to the sky after every goal he scores, admitted that his grandmother has been instrumental in making him who the player he is today although she is not able to witness how far he has progressed.

""I am doing this because I dedicate my goals to my grandmother,"" Messi was quoted as saying by Marca.

""She took to me to football but now she can't see how far I have come.

""Nevertheless, she continues to help me and my family

Messi, who has been in scintillating form this season, revealed he is playing football not for the profession of the game, but the love and passion of it.

He added: ""I started playing football because I loved it. And now I do it not just because football is my profession, but because I get great pleasure from the sport. I continue to treat it as a game.""

The 23-year-old has dedicated 25 goals to his grandmother this season.

And by the rate Messi is scoring, she would be overwhelmed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment